experience a consistent desktop across any device, anywhere
Consumerization is expected to force more IT change over the next 20 years than any other trend. This is because today’s younger generations have an amazing assimilation capacity when it comes to technology, having grown up with PCs, Macs, cell phones, smartphones and more.
Due to this technology familiarity, employees increasingly expect a consistent experience across devices, with the ability to access the information they need through the applications they’re most comfortable with anywhere, at any time. In fact, according to Gartner:
- Mobile application development projects that target smartphones and tablets will outnumber native PC projects by a ratio of four-to-one by 2015.
- At least 50% of enterprise email users will rely primarily on a browser, tablet or mobile client, instead of a desktop client by 2016.
- By 2012, there will be more x86 workloads running as virtual machines than directly loaded on physical systems.
Instead of fighting these trends, we believe that organizations will reap the greatest benefits by embracing them. By rethinking the desktop experience and employing virtualization strategies, applications and data no longer have to be constrained to one device. Instead, they can follow a user from their desktop to their mobile devices, and back. And we’re here to help you in this transition.
the anyplace workspace™
The anyplace workspace™ gives employees the data, devices and applications they desire, without sacrificing IT control of budgets, end-user experiences and compliance.
We employ desktop virtualization across devices to support mobile and remote users, giving them the flexibility and security to access applications and data offsite, and a full PC experience regardless of device, or network connectivity.
All device virtualization projects start with an assessment phase in which we:
- Define business drivers, and project and technical requirements.
- Identify potential use cases (common sets of functional requirements) and users.
- Inventory and analyze the supporting infrastructure, including desktops, applications and users.
- Determine readiness and requirements for desktop virtualization.
Using this information, a proof of concept is created, which is then designed, piloted and implemented. Following implementation, we can provide training and support to your team, as well as daily monitoring and maintenance if desired.
the right technology
For desktop virtualization, VMware and Citrix offers solutions that provide IT control, end-user freedom and a cloud-friendly infrastructure. The result is a revolutionized desktop experience that provides:
- Business agility through flexible provisioning of computer resources and users.
- Greater personalization and lower desktop costs through the efficient preservation of user settings and data.
- Preservation of user settings and data.
- Streamlined image and application management.
- Reduced application conflict and support costs.
- Seamless end-user experience with integrated VOIP and virtual desktop.
We also rely on SysTrack for proactive end-user experience monitoring. This means you can audit applications, USB device usage, application fault detection, and hardware and software capacity of your employees, ensuring that only those with permission access company data mobile use policies.
the complete solution
As consumerization grows, your employees will not only expect, but demand a seamless transition from their desktops to their mobile devices, and vice versa. This flexibility is a core component of the anyplace workspace™. See details on the additional pillars for success:
Interested in learning more about device virtualization and secure employee mobility? Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an MCPc anyplace workspace™ architect.
Case Study: Desktop and Application Virtualization
Case Study: Desktop Virtualization and Support